ZED camera on Windows "Make sure the camera is plugged in or try another USB 3.0 port."

Hi! Installed ZED SDK, CUDA software, on Windows 10 Pro. Camera is seen by Windows and I can use it in Zoom, for example. When trying it with the ZED software, camera is not detected. Here is the result from Diagnostic and I can provide further details from the diagnostic file.

Any idea how to fix this, please?

Thanks!

Hi @pajot
Welcome to the Stereolabs community.

Please check that an antivirus is not blocking the activities of the ZED SDK

Thank you for getting back so fast! It sounded like a good idea and I tried with real-time scanning off, but with the same result.

Please run the ZED Diagnostic again, save the report file, and send it to support@stereolabs.com.

Please run the ZED Diagnostic again, save the report file, and send it to support@stereolabs.com.

[Discourse post]

Walter

Walter Lucetti
Senior Computer Engineer
SDK / Robotics / HW
Stereolabs Support

Hi! Please find attached the diagnostic file.

Thanks!

Hi.
I noticed that you are using an old ZED camera of the first generation.
Can you try to use the Windows “Camera” application to visualize the stream in all the possible resolution/framerate combinations?

I suspect your old camera has a cable issue.

Best regards

Walter

Walter Lucetti
Senior Computer Engineer
SDK / Robotics / HW
Stereolabs Support

Hi! These are all the options available and it worked fine with all. Thanks!

In this case, the hardware of your camera is good and the problem is probably related to the software.
Please check that you are using the latest version of the NVIDIA GPU driver.

Hi Walter! I have just made sure I have the latest, with a fresh install, but still the same outcome. Any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

Hi! As further debug information you can use, I can confirm the same behavior on a different computer on Windows 11. Exactly the same outcome, with “Camera not detected”. I will send the diagnostic file, as well. Thanks!

Here is the diagnostic file from the second computer. Please let me know what I can try next!

Thanks!

Hi @pajot,

Thank you for the diagnostic files.

I see that your second system is a Windows Surface laptop. Are you using a USB adapter to plug the camera in?

Can you please try the suggestions from this support page: https://support.stereolabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/207635225-How-to-fix-USB-3-0-bandwidth-and-connection-issues ?

Hi Matthew and thank you for getting back! This would have been a good new investigation path, if we did not confirm on the other laptop, without a USB adapter and seeing all resolutions in Camera and Zoom apps. Still, I can confirm the camera works on USB 3.0 on the Surface laptop. What should I try next, please?

And a bit more… Maybe you see something useful here:

+++++++++++++++++ Device Information ++++++++++++++++++

Friendly Name : ZED
Device Description : USB Video Device
Device Path 1 : \?\USB#VID_2B03&PID_F580&MI_00#6&6d1614d&0&0000#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\global (AM_KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE)
Device Path 2 : \?\USB#VID_2B03&PID_F580&MI_00#6&6d1614d&0&0000#{6994ad05-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\global (AM_KSCATEGORY_VIDEO)
Device Path 3 : \?\USB#VID_2B03&PID_F580&MI_00#6&6d1614d&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global (STATIC_KSCATEGORY_VIDEO_CAMERA)
Kernel Name : \Device\000000d3
Device ID : USB\VID_2B03&PID_F580&MI_00\6&6D1614D&0&0000
Hardware IDs : USB\VID_2B03&PID_F580&REV_0100&MI_00 USB\VID_2B03&PID_F580&MI_00
Driver KeyName : {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}\0002 (GUID_DEVCLASS_CAMERA)
Driver : \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\usbvideo.sys (Version: 10.0.22621.2506 Date: 2024-01-24 Company: Microsoft Corporation)
Driver Inf : C:\WINDOWS\inf\usbvideo.inf
Legacy BusType : PNPBus
Class : Camera
Class GUID : {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f} (GUID_DEVCLASS_CAMERA)
Service : usbvideo
Enumerator : USB
Location Info : 0000.0014.0000.005.000.000.000.000.000
Address : 5
Manufacturer Info : Microsoft
Capabilities : 0xA4 (Removable, SilentInstall, SurpriseRemovalOK)
Status : 0x0180600A (DN_DRIVER_LOADED, DN_STARTED, DN_DISABLEABLE, DN_REMOVABLE, DN_NT_ENUMERATOR, DN_NT_DRIVER)
Problem Code : 0
Lower Filters : WdmCompanionFilter
Power State : D0 (supported: D0, D3, wake from D0)

I can also confirm that nothing else on the suggested page (https://support.stereolabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/207635225-How-to-fix-USB-3-0-bandwidth-and-connection-issues) either helped or is applicable.

Thanks!

Hi Stereolabs Support Team! Could you please let me know what the plan is with this ticket? Is anyone still trying to find a solution? Any update would be appreciated, including if you gave up on trying to help, if the camera cannot be salvaged and whether I should throw it away.

Thanks!

Hi @pajot,

Sorry for the delay, we have tested with your setup with a ZED on Windows and could not reproduce the issue. There must be an issue with either the cable or the camera.

Hi Matt and thank you for getting back! Considering your conclusion, is there anything I can do to remediate and still use the camera, please? Can the cable be changed? If not the cable, I assume there is some processor or other embedded component that is maybe rendering useless camera’s advanced capabilities, despite the individual signal from the two cameras (left/right) being there. Is that a good possible explanation? Is there anything I can do in that case?

Thanks much!