UE 5.3 crash when press play (latest repo sample project)

Project crashes once I press play, I use latest sample project from Git. (ZED Plugin for UE5.3 v1.7).
Double check that RHI is set to Dx11.
I have 3080, and using Zed 2i.
Sensor works fine out of UE, no crashes in viewer or explorer.

Summary

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

nvonnxparser
nvonnxparser
nvonnxparser
nvonnxparser
nvonnxparser
nvonnxparser
nvonnxparser
sl_ai64
sl_ai64
sl_ai64
sl_ai64
sl_ai64
sl_zed64
sl_zed64
UnrealEditor_Stereolabs!USlCameraProxy::Internal_OptimizeAIModel() [I:\UnrealEngine\ActiveProjects\OLV\zed-UE5-1.7_UE5.3\Plugins\Stereolabs\Source\Stereolabs\Private\Core\StereolabsCameraProxy.cpp:1235]
UnrealEditor_Stereolabs!FAsyncTaskBase::DoWork() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\AsyncWork.h:289]
UnrealEditor_Stereolabs!FAsyncTaskBase::DoThreadedWork() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\AsyncWork.h:313]
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Hi,

Do you have any crash logs you can share with us?

Does it happen with all the levels or specific ones?

Thanks.

Stereolabs Support

Hi!
I manage to make it work on clean install windows, no idea why it was not working, I assume some CUDA issue.
Anyways, now I have different issue, I try to pack untouched sample project and I’m getting error (in development setup).

zed-UE5-1.7_UE5.3
win 11
cuda_12.1.0_531.14_windows
ZED_SDK_Windows_cuda12.1_v4.0.7

Attached UE log
BUILD.txt (154.2 KB)

Hi,

The missing file does seem not necessary anymore. You should be able to remove the include "IXRTrackingSystem.h".

I’ll update the project accordingly.

Thanks for the report.

Stereolabs Support

Hi, that solved that error. I run into another error for BP_Crosshair, i just disconnect that pin from HMDEnabled boolean and it compile just fine but looks like that function don’t exist anymore.
So probably also something to fix.

LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] J:\UnrealEngine\ActiveProjects\OLV\zed-UE5-1.7_UE5.3\Content\ZED\Blueprints\DynamicCrosshair\BP_Crosshair.uasset: [Compiler] In use pin Return Value no longer exists on node Is Head Mounted Display Enabled . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.
LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] J:\UnrealEngine\ActiveProjects\OLV\zed-UE5-1.7_UE5.3\Content\ZED\Blueprints\DynamicCrosshair\BP_Crosshair.uasset: [Compiler] Could not find a function named “IsHeadMountedDisplayEnabled” in ‘BP_Crosshair’.
Make sure ‘BP_Crosshair’ has been compiled for Is Head Mounted Display Enabled

Hi! I have extra question. Can you confirm that L_ObjectDetection3D is working for you? While body single and body multiple works just fine I can’t manage to make work object detected 3D sample. It just never shows BP_BBox3D (dont ever spawn it).
I try to use sample scene and also set up one from scratch based on Documentation and in both it’s not working.

Hi,

Indeed, this actor does not compile but it is not used anymore if I’m not mistaken. Other than that, I can run all the levels on my side.

For the OD 3d scene, it requires the download and optimization of an AI model which can take a few minutes. A warning message should warn you in the console window (see attachment).

If so, you can either wait for the model to be optimized in UE, or follow this guide to optimize one or multiple models manually.

Stereolabs Support

Hi, I don’t see attachment or any link.

Indeed,

here is the screenshot of my console window :

Yea I now saw it, didn’t notice it before.
So that optimization will happen every time (in packaged project)? If so can you give link to manual setup so I can avoid that?

No, you only need to do it the fist time you are using an AI model. The optimized model will be saved on your machine so you don’t have to do it anymore unless we change the AI model internally or you are using the app on a new computer.

Here is the link : https://support.stereolabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/9747407795223-How-can-I-optimize-the-ZED-SDK-AI-models-manually-

Stereolabs Support

1 Like