[ROS2 Wrapper] Taking too long to get Images in 720p from 4 cameras

Hi, I have 4 ZED2i connected on the device via USB3.0 separate controllers
ros2 foxy build
In my node im subscribing to 4 left_raw_color uncompressed topics and 4 depth_registered topics,
and i want to save data from all of them when reciving trigger call, i can achive this by runnig all 4 with vga resolution or if i connect only 3 with 720p resolution. I tried to use compressed topics, but callbacks never executed
Somehow in foxglove studio, i can subscribe to compressed topics and the image updates with desired speed, even if subscribed to raw i get slower but still acceptable update speed
Any advice on how i can get data from 4 cams with 720p left raw image and depth?

Hi @otstanteplz
can you provide detailed information regarding the PC that you are using?
CPU, GPU, RAM, disc type, etc.

CPU Intel(R) Core™ i3-4160
GPU TU116 [GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER]
RAM DIMM DDR3 Synchronous 1600 MHz 4gb х 2
DISK KINGSTON SA400S3 240gb
Can`t attach file, so here link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SaMjENWiCfiaW8hnBNT-fbjrv5obrodR/view?usp=sharing , if you need more specific info

@otstanteplz the configuration of your PC is not sufficient to handle 4 cameras simultaneously, it is barely enough to handle two cameras.
The CPU processor is an old generation and not performant, it cannot handle ROS and 4 instances of the ZED ROS Wrapper. If you try using compressed topics the performance is even more reduced because the compression process takes a lot of resources.
The amount of RAM (8 GB) is too limited for 4 cameras.
The disk space to record data from 4 cameras will be quickly filled.
The GPU is a good model, but the amount of VRAM (6 GB) is not enough for 4 cameras.

It is a bit odd, because i cant see any crtical load in htop and gpustat

BTW, what to do you think, will it be possible to use two Zed2i Cameras with one Jetson Orin Nano?

I’m not sure of that. I have a Jetson Orin Nano devkit and I will perform a few tests in the next few days.
Can you trigger me if I’m not back to you in a week?

@Myzhar Any good news about using two Zed2i Cameras with one Jetson Orin Nano?