Multi-camera fusion and integration. ZED2

Hello all,
I am using ZED2 and considering getting another one for Body Tracking application. I was wondering if there is a difference if I use ZED2i or the normal ZED2 or even ZEDx and if that will affect the integration and sensor fusion between them.

As a saw, the difference between ZED2 and ZED2i is that the ZED2i is more suitable for harsh or wet environments and that it has additional focal length option. Is there another difference?
Thank you,

The connection are differents:
ZED2 has an integrated USB cable
ZED2i has an USB-C connector, so you can replace the cable if it is damaged (or change its length)
ZED X is GMSL based (only supported by Jetsons)

Thank you for your answer.
I understand better now. I still want to be clear on an important part which is multi camera fusion and integration. If I buy ZED2i, would it work and integrate fine with my ZED2 especially for Body Tracking application? Or do I have to buy the same model for all of the cameras to integrate them?
Thank you,

All or camera model can be used (and combined) with the Fusion API.

Hello,

I wanted to say congrats for the new SDK it’s amazing !

I tried ZED360 it works well .

I have a question, it supports Local USB workflow and ZedHub . In my setup I’m using sending/receiver stream with multiples jetson and one master computer, will be in future possible to use ZED360 to make calibration with local network without Zed Hub ? Thanks in advance :grinning:

Yes @peanuts, it is possible to do this, you simply have to update the generated file according to your setup.
Change the serial number of your camera (if needed) and change the ‘zed’ part.
[‘zed’][‘type’] will be ‘STREAM’ and [‘zed’][‘configuration’] will be the ip adress in the format “192.168.X.X:port”.

Sorry, I don’t know if I was clear.

Currently we can generate the calibration file via ZED360 only via the cameras in usb or zed hub. Since the usb bandwidth is limited, I set up my own setup (One zed per jetson) x8 which are all connected to a switch. Then I processed everything on the master computer .

When launching ZED360 and “Auto Discover”, are the local network cameras detected? (I can’t test it now) as I don’t use ZedHub. Or can we generate the calibration by another method/script? Thank you for your quick answer.

My answer was not detailed enough, indeed you can’t detect the streaming camera.
But you can create your own json file using this template:
calibfile_params.json (588 Bytes)

Then use the load button from ZED360.

Hello,

Hello, I come back to you after some tests. I used the template of your file and at first sight I get the streams . I encounter several problems (bugs?), sometimes the cameras are not displayed and I think because ZED360 launches the fusion even before the stream is present (disadvantage of the stream VS usb, can be make asynchronous launch). I was able to try with 2 and 3 cameras, when recording the calibration, the file is not updated and also when another file, different from the template.

Example logs of failed lauched cameras :

INIT FUSION
Setup ZED 22516499
Setup ZED 26461602
22516499 START RUN ZED
Setup ZED 29813646
26461602 START RUN ZED
START RUN FUSION
29813646 START RUN ZED

Thanks in advance, I hope we will find solutions.

@SL-PY Any idea about this issue ?

We fixed some ZED360 issues in the newly released 4.0.2, can you give it a try ?

We also add a documentation page for it:

i tried and succeeded in creating a configuration files for 2 zed x cameras, like the json provided. where should i put them in order for the cameras point cloud to adjust accordingly ?

you should use the tool ZED360 to perform the calibration.
You can also take a look at this sample based on aruco markers: https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-aruco/tree/ZED_SDK_4/multi-camera