Zedlivelink - compile on ue5 - following docs with no joy

Hello! I am trying to get live link complied and working. I have searched here but not found the answer.

I have got as far as trying to build is in visual studio but I get around 37 errors when trying to compile it on the latest unreal engine. I have also tried 4.27 which doesn’t want to build on my system, i get an error before it finishes building. I noticed there is an exe that downloads with the zedlivelink repo but it wont run - Here are screenshots of the errors what am I missing?

Should the exe from the repo work without compiling?
Will the live link only compile on the ue 4.27 source code?
Should I be using SDK 3.8 rather than4?

this is a brand new windows install

Annotation 2023-03-30 081801

other error…

Hi,

I guess you have downloaded the ZED SDK 4.0, right ? We have not yet updated the livelink sample for 4.0, the current version is only compatible with the ZED SDK3.8.

The new version (for 4.0) will be available later today.

Best regards,
Benjamin Vallon

Stereolabs Support

agh ok, that explains it. so best option now is to uninstall 4.0 and install 3.8? how long from now before 4.0 live link is avail?

Regards,
Al.

It should be available in a few hours.

Stereolabs Support

Thanks! It could be a good idea to update your live link docs as well. I’ve put a fair amount of time into trying to compile zedlivelink from source when the exe is avalible as a download.

Regards,
Al.

Hi,

The github repo has been updated and is now compatible with the ZED SDK4.0.
The release will be created soon but in the meantime, you can pull the main branch : https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin/tree/main to access it.

We will also update the livelink documentation as you requested. Thanks for the feedback

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Stereolabs Support

Awesome thanks! looking forward to giving this a go

Regards,
Al.

Alex Johnston
ARJ Music & Media
+447931254717

I just realized a file were missing in the Unreal project. Do not hesitate to pull the main branch again to get it .

Best,
BV