Zed-X Camera with Jetson Orin 64GB Dev: Camera Not Detected

Hello,

I installed the SDK 4.0, drivers, and restarted with the camera plugged in. It doesn’t detect on the commands. I restarted the daemon, didn’t work. tried reseating all of the connectors and restarted.

I tried using ZED Explorer to see if the camera is loaded also.

I ran the Trouble Shoot Log. Am I missing a step?

####################################
############ DMESG LOG #############

############ Driver list ###########

/usr/lib/modules/5.10.104-tegra/kernel/drivers/stereolabs/max96712/max96712.ko==> exists
/usr/lib/modules/5.10.104-tegra/kernel/drivers/stereolabs/zedx/sl_zedx.ko ==> exists

################################################
############ ZEDX Daemon Status LS #############

● zed_x_daemon.service - ZED-X Daemon service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/zed_x_daemon.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2023-04-25 21:37:46 PDT; 6min ago
Main PID: 1122 (ZEDX_Daemon)
Tasks: 3 (limit: 36321)
Memory: 10.7M
CGroup: /system.slice/zed_x_daemon.service
└─1122 /usr/local/zed/bin/ZEDX_Daemon

Apr 25 21:37:46 jetsonorin systemd[1]: Started ZED-X Daemon service.
Apr 25 21:37:46 jetsonorin ZEDX_Daemon[1122]: [ “Tue Apr 25 21:37:46 2023” ] ** Start ZED-X Daemon
Apr 25 21:37:47 jetsonorin ZEDX_Daemon[1122]: [ “Tue Apr 25 21:37:47 2023” ] Process “insmod /usr/lib/modules/5.10.104-tegra/kernel/drivers/stereolabs/max96712/max96712.ko” outputs “”
Apr 25 21:37:47 jetsonorin ZEDX_Daemon[1122]: [ “Tue Apr 25 21:37:47 2023” ] Process “rmmod sl_zedx” outputs “rmmod: ERROR: Module sl_zedx is not currently loaded\n”
Apr 25 21:37:47 jetsonorin ZEDX_Daemon[1122]: [ “Tue Apr 25 21:37:47 2023” ] Process “insmod /usr/lib/modules/5.10.104-tegra/kernel/drivers/stereolabs/zedx/sl_zedx.ko” outputs “”
Apr 25 21:37:47 jetsonorin ZEDX_Daemon[1122]: ** ZED-X Driver loaded
Apr 25 21:37:47 jetsonorin ZEDX_Daemon[1122]: [ “Tue Apr 25 21:37:47 2023” ] ** Created Endpoint “tcp://127.0.0.1:20026”

############ I2C Tracz /dev/i2C-30 #############

Error: Could not open file /dev/i2c-30' or /dev/i2c/30’: No such file or directory

############ I2C Tracz /dev/i2C-31 #############

Error: Could not open file /dev/i2c-31' or /dev/i2c/31’: No such file or directory

############ I2C Tracz /dev/i2C-32 #############

Error: Could not open file /dev/i2c-32' or /dev/i2c/32’: No such file or directory

############ I2C Tracz /dev/i2C-33 #############

Error: Could not open file /dev/i2c-33' or /dev/i2c/33’: No such file or directory
#########################

Please Help <3

Hi,

It seems that the modified DTB file from handling GMSL2 cameras is not loaded (only the kernel driver).
Most of the time, this is because the rootfs of your Jetson is not on the eMMC but on a external SSD and this is currently not handled through the deb package
Is it the case (Do you use an external SSD for the OS?)

1 Like

Yes, i have ubuntu jetpack installed on nvme.
Also i have a side issue where installing zed sdk4.0, drivers, and camera expansion card: has randomly makes the Orin not boot to os. I have not been able to locate the reason, but reflashing os with sdkmanager is the only fix i have. I also have have the can pins enabled, if that makes a difference.

Do you know the method to detect the zedx camera and the random boot problem?

I reflashed the orin onto the internal flash. The camera works now, but I do need to use the Nvme. Is there a way to do this? There seems to be a conflict with zed sdk / zed x drivers / zed x cameras with Jetson orin that has ubuntu installed on a NVME SSD. I also believe this is the cause that makes the Jetson Orin not boot into the OS.

Thank you for the input obraun-sl, any idea how I could still use the SSD install without conflicts?

I’m facing the same issue. Has this problem been resolved?

Hello,
I have the same problem. At the beginning, my jetson was flashed using the internal storage and the cameras worked but once the jetson was flashed using the nvme, the cameras are not working.
Any advise?

Meet the same problem. Is there any other method to solve the problem

Is there any update on this ? Facing the same log issue as above.
@Myzhar

I also have this issue. Camera not detect

This type of issue can have different origins: a “wrong” method used to flash the Jetson module, a not supported customization of the Linux kernel, a not supported customization of the L4T file system, or other different hardware misconfigurations.

Unfortunately there is not an unique solution that solves them all.

For a quick fix of your problem with ZED X, we recommend launching the command
sudo ZED_Diagnostic --dmesg
(using sudo is really important) and sending the report file named dmesg.log that it generates to support@stereolabs.com to get in direct contact with one of our support engineers.