ZED SDK v3.7.2 Beta for JetPack 5 Developer Preview

Today we released a beta version of the ZED SDK v3.7.2 with support for the Nvidia JetPack 5 Developer Preview (Linux for Tegra v34.1)

The JP5 DP and the ZED SDK v3.7.2 Beta are development releases and they are not intended for production, they can have issues impacting on the stability of the system.

This release supports Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit as well as Jetson AGX Xavier series and Jetson Xavier NX series developer kits and commercial modules. JP5 DP is based on CUDA 11.4, and updates the Linux Kernel to v5.10, with Ubuntu 20.04 based root file system, and UEFI based bootloader.

We invite you to test the new SDK version and comment on this post with feedback.

ZED SDK download:
https://download.stereolabs.com/zedsdk/3.7/l4t34.1/jetsons

Nvidia JP5 DP download:

1 Like

When I install the “ZED_SDK_Tegra_L4T34.1_v3.7.2.run”
on my jetson AGX Orin running jetpack 5.0 DP
I get a "Pyhton failed to install " warning.

joev@ubuntu:~$ ./ZED_SDK_Tegra_L4T34.1_v3.7.2.run
Verifying archive integrity… 100% MD5 checksums are OK. All good.
Uncompressing ‘ZED camera SDK by Stereolabs’ 100%
L4T version 34.1 detected. OK
To continue you have to accept the EULA. Accept [Y/n] ?y
Installing…
Installation path: /usr/local/zed
Checking CUDA version…
OK: Found CUDA 11.4
Do you want to also install the static version of the ZED SDK (AI module will still require libsl_ai.so) [Y/n] ?y
Do you want to install the AI module (required for Object detection and Neural Depth, recommended) [Y/n] ?y
Do you want to enable maximum performance mode (recommended)? It provides optimal performance but increases power draw. [Y/n] ?y
NVIDIA Orin Jetson-Small Developer Kit detected
NV Power Mode: MAXN
Install samples (recommended) [Y/n] ?y
Installation path: /usr/local/zed/samples/
Dependencies installation complete
Do you want to install the Python API (recommended) [Y/n] ?y
Please specify your python executable: python3
Requirement already satisfied: numpy in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (1.17.4)
→ Downloading to ‘/tmp/selfgz11768’
Unsupported l4t/jetpack version

WARNING! Python API failed to install

Please note that installing the ‘libv4l-dev’ apt package at any point on jetson will break the hardware encoding/decoding support

ZED SDK installation complete, with 1 warning(s)

Hi @joev
Please try to install the Python API from the source:

When I try to install from github repo it says “unsupported l4t/jetpack version”
This is what I installed “ZED_SDK_Tegra_L4T34.1_v3.7.2.run”
I tried it on both the Jetpack 5.0 DP and Jetpack 5.0 EA. and get same result when trying to load Python API.

joev@ubuntu:~$ python3 --version
Python 3.8.10
joev@ubuntu:~$ python3 -m pip install cython numpy
Requirement already satisfied: cython in ./.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (0.29.28)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy in ./.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (1.22.3)
joev@ubuntu:~$ python3 -m pip install opencv-python pyopengl
Requirement already satisfied: opencv-python in ./.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (4.5.5.64)
Requirement already satisfied: pyopengl in ./.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (3.1.6)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy>=1.19.3; python_version >= “3.6” and platform_system == “Linux” and platform_machine == “aarch64” in ./.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from opencv-python) (1.22.3)
joev@ubuntu:~$ cd “/usr/local/zed/”
joev@ubuntu:/usr/local/zed$ python3 get_python_api.py
→ Downloading to ‘/usr/local/zed’
Unsupported l4t/jetpack version
joev@ubuntu:/usr/local/zed$

You must compile it, not using the get_python_api.py script:

you mean do it this way

Compiling the Python API from source (only for developers of the python wrapper)

To compile the ZED SDK Python wrapper go to src folder to get the cython sources and instructions.

Note : This step is not useful for users of the wrapper, it is only meant to be used to extend the wrapper for advanced uses.

Support

1 Like

that worked. Had a little bit of problem with some permissions when compiling but now I can run the python examples.
Thanks

1 Like

You SDK for the Jetpack 5.0 works great.
Ran it on Jetpack 5.0 EA and Jetpack 5.0 DP
I am running it on the Jetson AGX Orin developer kit.
Your SDK is taking full advantage of the GPU on Orin. Nice.
The python examples working just fine also.

1 Like