on a computer no longer available to us, the Python SDK worked nicely. On the new computer, it just does not. We always obtain that “DLL load failed while importing sl: The specified procedure could not be found.” error, no matter what advice on the net we follow.
- Windows 10
- ZED SDK 3.8.2
- CUDA 11.7
- Python 3.10.9 (64 bit)
- Windows 11
- ZED SDK 4.0.1
- CUDA 11.8
- Python 3.10.11 (64 bit), tried 3.8.10 and 3.11.3 as well
This is what we have tried already:
- Different Python versions → always the same error message
- Copying the DLLs to site-library → same error message
- Copying the DLLs to site-library\pyzed → same error message
- Adding site-library\pyzed\ to %PATH% → same error message
Instead of randomly trying new combinations of hacks and versions of any of the four elements of the software stack, it would be great to know the parameter which moves the needle.
Do we need to downgrade ZED SDK to 3.8.2 or upgrade to 4.0.3 (and CUDA accordingly)? Do we need to downgrade Windows? Do we need to try even more Python versions? Is the combo Windows 10 / ZED SDK 3.8.2 / CUDA 11.7 / Python 3.10.9 the only one which works (it would mean setting up the machine from scratch, and seeing that error message one more time thereafter wouldn’t really be good)?
Any advice beyond all our attempts is greatly appreciated.