ZED "CAMERA FAILED TO SETUP" error

When running the camera_control.py example file with my ZED camera (file here), I’m getting the following error:

Running...
Opening ZED Camera...
Grabber Error List
 -at: /builds/sl/ZEDKit/lib/src/sl_input/grabber/linux/linuxStereoGrabber.cpp_2625:  linux_grabber->construct return false
Grabber Error List
 -at: /builds/sl/ZEDKit/lib/src/sl_input/grabber/linux/linuxStereoGrabber.cpp_2625:  linux_grabber->construct return false
Grabber Error List
Grabber Error List
[ZED][Init][Info] Camera opening timeout reached
CAMERA FAILED TO SETUP

It seems to be failing when executing status = cam.open(init)

The camera is working properly in camera apps ie Cheese. Any ideas?

Hi @kylecarow ,
a recent Ubuntu update broke the connection between the ZED SDK and the UVC kernel driver.
Please update the SDK to v3.6.5 to get the fix:

Hello, I just installed SDK v3.6.5 on Ubuntu 18 (kernel version 5.4.0-99-generic). I am experiencing the same problem (/builds/sl/ZEDKit/lib/src/sl_input/grabber/linux/linuxStereoGrabber.cpp_2625: linux_grabber->construct return false …). The camera be viewed by other generic UVC viewers. Any suggestions to solve this problem?

I noticed that I also get this issue when using USB 2.0 ports (accidentally). Have you made sure you’re using a USB 3.0 port?

Yes, indeed. The camera was connected to a USB3 port but the USB-C to USB-A cable wasn’t appropriate for some reason, and lsusb revealed that the camera was recognized as a USB2 device. Replacing the cable solved the issue. I wish the error message could be more informative. It was a lengthy debugging process to figure this out.