Zed Box not booting

Hi,
I received the Orin Nx recently and started working on it. I installed some software on it to get started such as ROS. It was working fine except I found that visualizing it on the Orin is still lagging resulting in this error: Elaboration takes longer (X sec) than requested by the FPS rate (X sec). I checked the forum and made some changes. Besides that the Zed Box started restarting randomly throughout the process which was strange to me. It was warm but not hot at all and the message of being the hardware becoming to hot was not displayed. I got an update from ROS software and restarted. Since the Zed box doesn’t pass the boot menu. I cannot access the boot menu because only after the usb mouse/keyboard are functioning. After the boot menu the usbs are active and functioning but the screen output is black. OTG port is showing me the file but shows that it cannot connect to the box either. I had remote connection working, but for some reason this is also not working resulting in an inaccessible jetson.

Would appreciate some help to get it working properly again.

Hi,
Can you plug your USB keyboard in the vertical USB port to enter bootloader?

Yes I can. After checking the boot menu it still gives the same issue.

Is there a way to get it functioning again without having to format the drive and reinstall everything? It looks like the OS might be corrupted. Is there an image/backup I can use with the settings the Orin Nx came with when ordered?

Found a similar issue that someone had with the Nano.

What are the suggestions? And what caused it in the first place to reboot randomly before giving this issue?

Random reboots seem like a hardware issue. You can contact support@stereolabs.com to discuss a RMA.
About your data, they’re stored in the SSD, and flashing the device will wipe everything out. To flash your ZED Box again, we have a tutorial here: Reset/Update your ZED Box Orin NX | Stereolabs

Random reboots seem like a hardware issue. You can contact support@stereolabs.com to discuss a RMA.
About your data, they’re stored in the SSD, and flashing the device will wipe everything out. To flash your ZED Box again, we have a tutorial here: Reset/Update your ZED Box Orin NX | Stereolabs

[Discourse post]

Antoine Lassagne
Senior Developer - ZED SDK
Stereolabs Support