ZED 2i operating conditions

Hello.
Interesting to develope outdoor device with ZED 2i.
Going to use All Day (including low-light conditions), in extended operating temperature range: -30°C to +60°C and at a distance of up to 20 m from the computer.
So i have some questions:

1. Extended operating temperature range solving by additional box. No questions.
  2. What sensitivity do cameras have? Is ZED 2i has sensitivity to the IR range?
  3. Distance 20 m solving by NVIDIA Jetson Nano “onboard” with camera. I hope there is no any problems with compatibility. Is there any tested way to operate ZED 2i via long cable?

Hi @Vitalii_Kuznetsov

The ZED 2i is IP66 rated, but it requires an additional case to work in -30°C / +60°C temperature range, mainly for the lower limit.

Operating Temperature
-10°C to +50°C (14°F to 122°F)

1. Extended operating temperature range solving by additional box. No questions.

See above

1. What sensitivity do cameras have? Is ZED 2i has sensitivity to the IR range?

No, the camera has an IR filter to operate correcting under direct sunlight. You can contact our marketing staff to request a modification, but this requires high numbers.

1. Distance 20 m solving by NVIDIA Jetson Nano “onboard” with camera. I hope there is no any problems with compatibility. Is there any tested way to operate ZED 2i via long cable?

We have optional 10m cables, but for longer distances, we suggest moving computation at the edge. Otherwise, you can for example connect the camera to a Jetson and stream the data over ethernet to a remote host running the ZED SDK to receive the stream and perform the required elaboration.

Thanks for answer. One more issue I’m interested in:
Are there parameters of vibration and shock operating conditions?
Are there any cases of using on board of industrial outdoor machines?
P.S. I searched carefully for answers, but I didn’t find them

Hi @Myzhar
Just want to ask about your experience working with ZED 2i in low light conditions?
Can you please let me know what sort of environment you were in, and how did the camera output got affected?

This request was closed and merged into request #38907 “ZED camera in low light environment”.