What version of pyopengl and pyopengl-accelerate should I install?

When I try to run zed-sdk\object detection\custom detector\python\pytorch_yolov8\detector.py, I keep getting this error:

File “C:\Users\Audrey\PycharmProjects\zedCamera\pyopengl\OpenGL\GLUT\special.py”, line 73, in glutCreateWindow
return __glutCreateWindowWithExit(bytes(title), _exitfunc)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: string argument without an encoding

According to this topic: How to run the code exist in samples folder - #3 by ujs1514lee, they solved it by installing another version of pyopengl and pyopengl-accelerate, but didn’t mention which version is correct.

Can someone please tell me which version I should install? Currently I have 3.1.7 for both pyopengl and pyopengl-accelerate, and I keep running into the TypeError.
Thanks!

Hi,

3.1.7 is the latest one, but there were not so many during th past years. Can you try 3.1.5 or 3.1.4 ? PyOpenGL-accelerate · PyPI

Hi alassagne,

Thank you for your response. I initially tried installing other versions of PyOpenGL and accelerate but to no avail. I’ve tried git cloning a specific branch

git clone -b v3.1.4 --single-branch GitHub - mcfletch/pyopengl: Repository for the PyOpenGL Project // v3.1.4 for PyOpenGL and 3.1.3rc1 for accelerate

or pip installing a specific version

pip install PyOpenGL==3.1.5
pip install PyOpenGL-accelerate==3.1.5

and none of them worked.

In the end I decided to download wheels from here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mz7faVsrp0e6IKCQh8MyZh-BcCqEGPwx
and install them with

pip install .\PyOpenGL-3.1.7-cp311-cp311-win_amd64.whl
pip install .\PyOpenGL_accelerate-3.1.7-cp311-cp311-win_amd64.whl

And this time I can run all the tutorials and samples smoothly. So apparently the errrors have nothing to do with the versions of pyopengl and pyopengl-accelerate. Thanks for your help still.

Happy that it now works. But if I understand correctly, changing PyOpenGL-accelerate version (from the drive) still fixed the issue, even so you installed the same version than with pip? weird