Underwater calibration and video recording

If I am recording a video with ZED 2i, in a custom covering underwater, using samples/recording from the zed sdk. And then can I later use the opencv calibration file for spatial mapping from svo file?

My concern is that .svo doesn’t seem to store raw frames, but rather distortion-corrected frames. Then later applying a different calibration is properly implemented or not in ZED sdk

Hi @Sumit
the SVO contains the RAW camera stream, so the unrectified frames.
You can use the SVO you recorded for offline calibration, but you must use the correct retrieveImage setting to extract the RAW frames: sl::VIEW::LEFT_UNRECTIFIED and sl::VIEW::RIGHT_UNRECTIFIED.

1 Like

Hi @Myzhar , I tried a small test, where I recorded a static scene in a .svo file.
I read the .svo file and saved Left RAW frame using sl::VIEW::LEFT_UNRECTIFIED
Also I save Left RAW frame from live ZED2i camera using sl::VIEW::LEFT_UNRECTIFIED.
Both images are clearly different.
I am trying to upload images but new user’s aren’t allowed

Hi Walter,
I tried a small test, where I recorded a static scene in a .svo file.
I read the .svo file and saved Left RAW frame using sl::VIEW::LEFT_UNRECTIFIED
Also I save Left RAW frame from live ZED2i camera using sl::VIEW::LEFT_UNRECTIFIED.
Both images are clearly different.
I am attaching them for your reference and code used too.

@Sumit you can upload the images on Google Drive, Dropbox or other file sharing service and send the link to them

Hi,
I have uploaded a zip file with images, the .svo file and also my code to record and read video to google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wCeM8kXdQnp_BrgV30_l5lM5S3e7a7Dy/view?usp=sharing
If you have any issues accessing the files, please let me know

Why do the live and SVO images have different resolutions?

I used ZED Explorer. I saved a frame in live mode, then I saved an SVO without moving the camera. I opened the SVO and saved a frame.
I compared the images, they were identical.
I also tried to open the SVO with your code and save the left frame to compare them. Still identical.
I suggest you review your processing because there’s surely something wrong somewhere (live image saving?)

1 Like

Hi Walter,
You are right! I was seeing the live camera in 720p resolution but recording svo in HD2K resolution.
After I fixed that images seem same.
Thank you, you saved me a lot of time :slight_smile:
Regards
Sumit

1 Like