Unable to boot ZED Box Orin NX | _ blinking screen

Hello,

I have a ZED Box Orin NX 16GB running JetPack 6.2 / L4T 36.4.3.

The device stopped booting. The current behavior during boot is:

NVIDIA logo → black screen → continuously blinking _

During this blinking stage, the power LED remains green. I have tried to do ssh, but it did not work.

I have performed the troubleshooting/recovery procedures described in your documentation My observations are:

  • UEFI is accessible and functioning.

  • The Orin NX 16GB and 16197 MB RAM are detected in UEFI.

  • The internal NVMe SSD is detected by UEFI.

  • I created the official JetPack 6.2 recovery USB using zedbox_all_usb_flash_6.2.sh.

  • The recovery USB is detected by UEFI.

  • Running EFI\BOOT\BOOTAA64.efi manually starts and it displays the following:

    L4TLauncher: Attempting Recovery Boot

    EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel…

    EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table

    EFI stub: Loaded initrd from LINUX_EFI_INITRD_MEDIA_GUID device path

    EFI stub: Exiting boot services…

The system then hangs with a blinking _.

I have also tried the live-USB Force Recovery procedure using the USB-A port.

However: lsusb -d ‘0955:’ , never detects the expected Orin NX 16GB recovery device: 0955:7323.

The Micro-USB OTG port also does not enumerate as /dev/ttyACM0 on an Ubuntu 22.04 host. The same host USB port successfully detects other USB devices.

I also noticed that the UEFI RTC had reset to: 01/01/1970

I corrected the date/time, but the boot problem remained.

The device also becomes noticeably warm during these recovery attempts.

Could you please advise whether this indicates a hardware/bootloader issue and provide the recommended procedure for backing up the internal NVMe data before any reflash/recovery? How should I get the ZED Box working again?

I can provide photographs of the UEFI screens, recovery boot output, serial/USB tests, and the recovery USB configuration if required.

Thank you.