UE5 Plugin Support for Multiple ZED 2i Through USB

Hi all,

I’m looking to use 2 ZED 2i for body tracking in a permanent static installation. Does the current UE5 plugin support 2 cameras at the same time via USB? I see that the Unity plugin has a dropdown for camera ID, but I haven’t been able to replicate that feature in Unreal (Using 5.1.1). Is the streaming input mode the only way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Daniel

Hi,

The current Ue5 plugin can only open one camera at a time. That’s a limitation we might look into in the future.

However, for the next ZED SDK version (v4.0), we will release a new feature called “Fusion” that allows you to fuse skeleton data from multiple cameras.
This feature will be supported in Unreal Engine through our Live link sample (https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin).

Actually, with the current version of the Live link sample and some minor modifications of the code, you can send skeleton data from multiple cameras (not fused) to UE.
Let me know if you need assistance with that.

Best regards,
Benjamin Vallon

Stereolabs Support

Hi Benjamin!

The current Ue5 plugin can only open one camera at a time.

Instead of two cameras into one instance of Unreal, is there a possibility of running two UE5 EXEs and having them directed to different Camera_IDs? I see that Unity has a dropdown for selecting cameras by ID, but the UE5 plugin doesn’t have that option exposed in the Initializer blueprint (at least not in the editor). Does the first instance of Unreal grab the SDK all for itself or can we just run two instances and specify the desired ID in the camera config (SN####.conf)?

Alternatively, we can probably switch to Unity if it sounds like that’s a better option for what we’re trying to achieve!

Actually, with the current version of the Live link sample and some minor modifications of the code, you can send skeleton data from multiple cameras (not fused) to UE.
Let me know if you need assistance with that.

Is there documentation available for adapting the livelink sample to send un-fused data from multiple cams, or is that more of a one-off custom solution?

Hi,

In Unreal, you cannot open the camera by ID but you can open the camera by serial number, so I think It is possible to have 2 instances of UE, one for each camera but I can understand that’s not the best solution, for multiple reasons.

Is there documentation available for adapting the livelink sample to send un-fused data from multiple cams, or is that more of a one-off custom solution?

There is no documentation for that but you can actually run two livelink samples, one for each camera.

Alternatively, we can probably switch to Unity if it sounds like that’s a better option for what we’re trying to achieve!

Is it possible for you to give me more information about your project and what you want to achieve? That way, I might be able to give you more precise advice for your specific needs.

Best regards,
Benjamin Vallon

Stereolabs Support

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for dropping off for a while there! Your 4.0 SDK release came at the perfect time and solved our multi-cam issue.
The extra tracking features are super exciting, too! :slight_smile:

I appreciate the help, and also the work put into updating the SDK!

Thanks,
Daniel