Tracked person positional data from ZED controlling frustum cam in UE5

Would it be possible to use positional data of tracked person to move frustum cam in UE5 ?
Which ZED cam is best suited for person or object tracking ?
Is the jetson a must for this kind of workflow ?

1 Like

Hi @pretoriusdesign, welcome to the forum.

Would it be possible to use positional data of tracked person to move frustum cam in UE5 ?

I understand that you want to move a virtual camera in UE5 to follow a person or something like that. Yes, it’s very possible, I would get the positional data and aim the virtual camera at it. You can get it from the SlBodyData, in SlBodies object, given by the Body Tracking Visualizer with its method On Retrieve Bodies. Something like this, then doing your aim function using FindLookAtRotation or any other method.

Which ZED cam is best suited for person or object tracking ?

The ZED2i is the way to go for person tracking.

Is the jetson a must for this kind of workflow ?

I’ll need some details on what kind of workflow exactly to be more accurate, but a jetson would be useful if the ZED camera will move a lot (for something like virtual production), so that you can stream from the ZED to your computing unit running UE5. However, note that you won’t be able to run either UE5 or Live Link on the jetson itself.

Don’t hesitate if you have more questions,

Jean-Loup

AMAZING!! Thank u so much. I am ordering the ZED2! now. Will give it a go and revert back. :+1:

1 Like

May i ask what is the “set body to track” function? are this custom made?

Particularly custom-made, it’s a vector variable used as a position to give to FindLookAtRotation in this context I think.