Stream live image from Jetson Xavier to PC with AMD graphics card

Hi, I would like to know the best way to stream the live image from the camera (both left and right image) to a desktop pc with an AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 card, and then import it into Unity to display the zed camera with the lowest possible latency and powerful quality.

I would use a jetson xavier agx to send the video and the pc as receiver.

The example of retransmission to Unity depends on having a CUDA compatible graphics card on both sides, and this is not my case.

Most IP cameras can relay a video stream with almost zero latency and I would like to have something similar, RTP, RTSP, ONVIF, WebRTC or something similar.

My tests with streaming from VLC, ffmpeg and so on have been very bad, getting a lot of lag in the received image.

I donā€™t need you to ā€œsolve the problemā€, but I would like to get a little help, guidance, feedback or your experiences. Thank you very much for your support.

Hi @odin3
we are sorry, but only NVIDIA GPUs are supported by the ZED SDK, so the PC that receives the stream sent by the ZED SDK must be equipped with a CUDA-capable GPU card.

If you do not need to use the ZED SDK on the receiver PC you can consider using GStreamer:

Thank you very much for your quick reply @Myzhar, I was testing but I couldnā€™t get VLC to play the rtsp stream on localhost, does the gstreamer examples have a lot of delay?

Also from what I read, about the x264enc example is already obsolete and NVIDIA another better type, isnā€™t it?

" gst-zed-rtsp-launch zedsrc ! videoconvert ! ā€˜video/x-raw, format=(string)I420ā€™ ! x264enc ! rtph264pay pt=96 name=pay0 "

Yes, VLC makes a lot of buffering. Maybe you can configure it.
Regarding NVIDIA, you can use all the HW encoders available. The repository contains only general examples, nothing specific to NVIDIA.

I have tried different HW encoders and using directly ffplay (from ffmpeg) and I canā€™t get the lag down to 5-10 sec. Any suggestions?

I think that asking on FFMPEG/GStreamer forums itā€™s easier to get a valid reply.

1 Like