ROS1 localization and navigation

Hello,

I’m trying to use ZED2i for SLAM, navigation, and path planning in ROS. I started with rtabmap_ros from the zed-ros-examples and I have generated the map of the environment. I think that the loop detection and localization are working fine.

But I’m quite lost considering the navigation part. I saw that the move_base package should be used and that it will generate local and global costmaps (and that there need to be three config files for move_base to work properly). But in RViz I can see that some costmap is already published at /zed2i/grid_prob_map.

Any advice on implementing robot navigation considering I have the map from the rtabmap and ZED2i camera? Any advice or tutorials or examples are very much appreciated because I have never worked with ROS before so it is pretty confusing right now. :smiley:

Thank you!

Hi Gaba,
Welcome to the Stereolabs community.

Even if you are using a ZED2i camera, your question is mostly related to RTABmap and ROS configuration, so I suggest you ask on answers.ros.org or on the RTABmap forum where you can get more precise replies.

@Gaba did you get forward with navigation?

Can you please help me with the steps to save and reload 3d map with Zed rtabmap and how to localize on previously built map. How to modify the launch file and necessary steps. I am a biginner