Record depth sensing SVO

Hello!
I’m already being able to use the depth sensing of my ZED 2i. I’m also being able to record the capture to an .svo2 file (or so i think).

But, when trying to playback the file it just shows the RGB recording? Is this normal? How can i record the depth map of the camera?

Thanks!

Hi @Rengo
the SVOv2 files contain the RAW color streams and the RAW sensor data information.
The depth is generated at runtime during the playback by using the ZED SDK API that you normally use with a live camera.

What are you using to playback the SVO2 file?

Hello, sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

My goal is to have one device streaming the ZED capture and another receiving it. Both devices will record the output into an SVO2 file.

From the export code on GitHub, I’ve already been able to export it to L(RGB) + R(Depth), which is not ideal for my case, but I can manage. (Ideally, I would export an avi/mp4 file of the same output as in-depth sense)

Finally, and a follow-up question:
Is there any way I can cut SVO2 files?
My end goal is to livestream small captures with different settings and compare the SVO2 output files (on sender and receiver), and for that, I’m using vmaf. The issue is that both videos need to be exactly the same timeline-wise (start and end at the same millisecond), or the final result will be affected.

I’ve already tried to manually cut using video editing software but I’m pretty sure that the exported version contains defects.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@Myzhar Can you help me out?