Record and post process DEPTH data

hi, i want to record depth data using sl::Mat object and save it locally. first of all how would i do that? second, if i do that and then want to load this data and change the DEPTH mode post, i.e recording in ULTRA and then running NEURAL, would it be possible? if so how?

best regards,
Nir Levy

Hi @DailyNir
SVO recording is what you need:

svo i what we were using until now but it is not efficient for us to export it every time, it take a lot of time for our large datasets to process the svo and so we want to record all necessary data directly to hdf5 format, what i needed from you is to know if i load it again to sl::Mat format from my hdf5 will i be able to rum lets say NEURAL depth mode if i recorded data in ULTRA Depth mode for example and if so how?

We do not support the hdf5 format.
You must write your converter for that.

Furthermore, you cannot convert a depth map saved with ULTRA mode into a depth map in NEURAL mode. Only SVO files allow you to generate the two different depth maps from the same input data.

ok, svo export is very slow. is there a way to speed it up? or is it fixed extraction process?

You can disable the real-time mode (parameter svo_real_time_mode of InitParameters) and process the frames at the maximum speed allowed by you PC.

but as i have checked it it is defaulted to false.

is there a way of getting timestamp and frame mapping from svo without loading each frame?

The ZED_SVO_Editor tool with the -inf option can allow you to retrieve a few useful information from the SVO.

this is what igot for example:(base) nir@nir:~/Desktop$ /usr/local/zed/tools/ZED_SVO_Editor -inf top_camera_blue_4.svo
-inf option detected
SVO Infos :
Image Size : [ 1920 x 1080 ]
Framerate : 30
Number of Frames : 271
ZED Serial Number : 55187685
Compression mode : " H264 Lossy (GPU) compression"
Product : ZED-XM
Sensors Fw version : 1000
Camera Fw version : 2001
is there a way to get the info of the timestamps and frames mapping?

As you can see, the only way is by processing the SVO