As a localisation sensor fusion expert, I would like to develop new algorithms with tightly coupled magnetometer/inertial/visual data and I have questions about the ZED2i hardware and calibration :
- Cameras are rolling shutter but global shutter is more suitable for precise visual/inertial localisation. Is there or will there be a global shutter version of the cameras ?
- Are Cameras and IMU clocks synchronised via hardware ? (e.g. IMU triggs the cameras)
- On ZED2 datasheet, IMU and magnetometer seem to be different sensors (imu_mag_zed2.png). Is it the case for ZED2i too ? It’s not shown on ZED2i datasheet and some IMU sensors have a magnetometer inside.
- If IMU and magnetometer are not the same sensor, how the rotation/position between IMU frame and magneto frame are handled ? How the clock synchronisation between IMU and magneto is done ?
- What are the specs of the IMU and magneto ? It may be a Bosch BMI, but there is no spec about IMU and magneto sensors…
- On the website, ZED2 and ZED2i works between -10°C et 50°C. But since ZED2i is industrial grade, I would expect it to work on a larger temperature range. Can ZED2i work outside this temperature range ?