Oculus Controller Tracking Problem When Rotating ZED Mini

“Hello, I’m using the ZED Mini and the Oculus Rift S virtual reality headset to create a virtual controller on the Oculus controller in Unity. The problem I’m encountering here is latency. I’ve managed to solve the controller latency issue by increasing the “latency compensation” variable in zed controller tracker script, which allows me to perfectly align the virtual controller with the real controller. No matter how fast I move the controller, they stay perfectly aligned and the tracking is smooth. However, whenever I rotate my head left, right, up, or down, the controller tracking gets disrupted for 1-2 seconds, and the virtual and real images don’t align. In short, when I move or rotate the controller, the virtual and real objects stay aligned, but when I rotate the camera, they don’t align for 1-2 seconds. How can I solve this problem?”

Hi,

Which version of the Unity plugin are you using?

In the very last version of the plugin (if you directly pull the master branch of the repo: https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-unity/tree/master), we’ve made some changes/fixes that might solve your problem.

Can you try this version and see if your problem is solved? If not, let me know and I’ll look it up.

Stereolabs Support

Thanks for your reply. Here are the versions I tried:
Zed Sdk: ZED DRIVER 4.02
Unity Plugin: ZED Plugin for Unity for v4.0.2
Unity Version: 2021.3.1f1
Oculus XR Plugin: 3.0.2

At the same time, I downloaded and tried the “master branch of the repo” from the link you just sent, but there was no change. Same problem still exists.