Object detection stops suddenly after a while!

Hello! I am using Zed2i to track people in Unreal Engine. I connected via LiveLink, so at first everything works fine, but after a while it suddenly stops receiving data from the Zed 2i. so to continue tracking I have to close the engine and zed live link server and open it again but sometimes I need to reboot the pc to get the camera again.

Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is an issue in the OD module which causes the detection to stop after some time.
However, I’m surprised you have to reboot your computer to make it work again, closing / reopening the app should be enough (and maybe unplugging/plugging the camera back).

We are working on a fix right now, I’ll keep you informed when a fix is available.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Stereolabs Support

Hi again,

You can also try to set the image_sync option to false, the bug seems to happen when this parameter is false only.

Here in the code, add this line :

obj_det_params.image_sync = true;

Hi BenjaminV,

Thanks for your response. Can you please let me know where I would enter the command provided?

Best regards,

Hi,

I’m sorry, I forgot the hyperlink is not visible in the community forum. You need to add the line above here : https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin/blob/main/Source/Private/main.cpp#L242

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Stereolabs Support

Thank you so much for your prompt response!!!

Hello, I just wanted to mention that this bug happens for me as well. Both with my Windows PC and my ZED Box Linux servers. With both cases I have to restart the device (or unplug then replug the ZED) to get it to work again. I have 2 ZEDs and it does the same for both. I haven’t tried the sync option yet you mentioned but I will when I get home (will it work in the python api?). When this happens no error gets thrown, it just continues to act as if nothing’s wrong. If I try to reboot the application without first re-plugging the device then the app will say the ZED is currently unavailable or otherwise occupied by another application.

In the event that this bug gets fixed, would it be an update to the ZED API? I have an event upcoming soon that would require constant up-time from these devices.