Object Batches seem not to work

Hi everybody!

I was curious about the object batching that was announced with the 3.5.0 release and wanted to try it out. So I took the Sample code (object detection / birds eye viewer) from GitHub - stereolabs/zed-examples: ZED SDK Example projects as well as Street and Runners files from this post: Sample or test videos - #3 by nizaguilar

Compiling and running the code works fine, however, it always tells me that there are 0 objects detected. No matter how long I let the program run (as I understand, there’s a delay). I’ve set
#define USE_BATCHING 1
in the main.cpp file, so I guess it uses batches then.

Am I missing something important here? Are there any restrictions on how to use the object batches.

In case this is relevant: I used the C++ version on a Windows 10 PC.

Hi @Arthur5
sorry for the very late reply.
Can you provide a snippet code to understand if there is something wrong with your configuration?

Hi!

As mentioned, I used the code from GitHub - stereolabs/zed-examples: ZED SDK Example projects and the ZED2_HD2K_Runners_H264.svo linked above.
I used the C++ version of the birds eye viewer from the object detection example. I.e. the whole code is inside `object detection/birds eye viewer/cpp/.

I generated a Visual Studio solution with cmake 3.20.2 and compiled the code with Visual Studio 16.10.

My only change to the code is that in main.cpp line 40 I changed #define USE_BATCHING 0 to #define USE_BATCHING 1.

With #define USE_BATCHING 0 everything is fine. I set the video in the GUI.
With #define USE_BATCHING 1 I don’t even see anything in the GUI and checking the size of objectsBatch in line 200 in main.cpp always returns 0.

@Arthur5
can you please check what is the return value of the getObjectsBatch function here:

and here

?

Hi!

If I change the lines you suggested to the following code:

auto err_code = zed.getObjectsBatch(objectsBatch);
std::cout << "Error Code: " << err_code << std::endl;

then I get as output:

Error Code: INVALID FUNCTION CALL

I’ve tried with
#define ENABLE_GUI 1
as well as with
#define ENABLE_GUI 0
to trigger both places. The output is always the same.

Hi @Arthur5
that’s what we expected. It seems a compatibility problem with your GPU or installed libraries.
Can you please run the ZED Diagnostic tool and send it to support@stereolabs.com?
We will provide you with direct support.