Live stream spatial mapping

Hello y’all!

I’m trying to set up a spatial mapping live feed. I’m trying to reuse the streaming_sender, streaming_receiver, and spacial_mapping tutorial files for this but with no success.

Did any of you do something similar and can give me some tips?

Thanks!

Hi,

The streaming sample we provided are made to stream the “raw” camera to another ZED SDK. It’s the receiver that will actually make the spatial mapping. Can you tell me a bit more about the issues you encountered?

Hello!
Sorry for the delayed answer.

A bit of context. I’m developing a college thesis on volumetric video streaming and I’m trying to use the ZED SKD to test possible configurations (video resolution, framerate, bitrate) for a smooth and stable stream.

From what I’ve searched, integrating with GStreamer is probably the best way to achieve this right?

If so, I’m again running into some errors :sweat_smile:

When following the steps here, I got the following error:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.29/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
  Could NOT find GLIB2 (missing: GLIB2_LIBRARIES GLIB2_MAIN_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.29/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:600 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/modules/FindGLIB2.cmake:54 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:23 (find_package)

Any idea or tips for the project?

Big thanks!
Duarte Marques

Hi,

ZED SDK provide as streaming capability. GStreamer does too. We also have a gstreamer wrapper, which allows you to use your ZED with GStreamer easily.
I assume you followed the readme from the following repo: GitHub - stereolabs/zed-gstreamer: Package of GStreamer elements to interface with ZED Cameras
What went bad?

Initially was having issues running the ZED SDK in windows. I’ve switched to ubuntu 20.04 and was able to fully install ZED SDK and GStreamer plugins following the instructions on GitHub - stereolabs/gstreamer.

But, when trying to run any of the tutorials/scripts i keep getting the same error:

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstZedSrc:zedsrc0: Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
../libs/gst/base/gstbasesrc.c(3127): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstZedSrc:zedsrc0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQueue:queue0: Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
../plugins/elements/gstqueue.c(992): gst_queue_handle_sink_event (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQueue:queue0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)

Full output here:

Any idea?

Got an answer for this in a random site. Don’t know if this is the correct approach but all examples are running!