Jetson Xavier NX update and Latest SDK LIvelink with UE4

HI there,

Running a setup: ZED > Jetson > LAN> UE4 LiveLink Skeletal tracking, SDK on all hardware 3.7.2
Would like to upgrade to the latest but Is latest SDK and LIvelink release compatibe with UE4.27.2?

Also how to upgrade Jetson L4T 32.6 to 32.7 ?

Thank you.

Hi,

The last version of the Live link sample is compatible with UE5 and should still be compatible with the 4.27 version as well. If not, let me know.

In order to update the Jetson jetpack version, you can follow this script (On device jetpack upgrade for jetson (from L4T 32.6 -> 32.7) · GitHub).

I recommend you to run each command one by one as it requires you to reboot the jetson during the process.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Thanks Benjamin.

Just one more quick question, how to set IP and port within config json to accept STREAM from Jetson?

Thanks,

Hi,

You need to set the “Input” value of the json to “STREAM” and the ip + port in the “input_path” field with the following format : ip:port. For ex, “127.0.0.1:30000”.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Stereolabs Support

Cannot get the camera to connect, see the screenshot
Config is:

{
“InitParameters”:
{
“input”: “STREAM”,
“input_path”: “10.32.23.87:30000”,
“resolution”: “HD720”,
“fps”: 60,
“depth_mode”: “ULTRA”
},
“PositionalTrackingParameters”:
{
“enable_pose_smoothing” : true,
“enable_area_memory”: false
},
“ObjectDetectionParameters”:
{
“enable_module”: true,
“detection_model”: “HUMAN_BODY_ACCURATE”,
“confidence”: 60,
“max_range”: 700,
“minimum_keypoints_threshold” : 5
}
}

I have tried with Body_tracking_viewer sample app and IP address, all works ok, opens the camera stream via network. So Sender is running ok and receiving ok.

Hi,

I can’t test it on my side today, but I think I found an issue in the code.
If you can rebuild the sample, you can replace this if statement (zed-livelink-plugin/Util.h at main · stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin · GitHub) with :

if (found_port != std::string::npos) {
				ip = ip_add.substr(0, found_port);
				port = std::atoi(ip_add.substr(found_port + 1).c_str());
                input_type = sl::INPUT_TYPE::STREAM;
			}

If you can’t rebuild the sample, you can also remove the port of the input field,
like “input_path”: “10.32.23.87”. It should also work.

I will fix this as soon as possible.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Replacing if statement worked! Thanks. Will test and report. Also any advice on getting the best performance on Livelink, sender config like chunk sizes, bitrates, FPS? Comparing to 3.7.2 it feels much slower with latest SDK.

Hi,

By slower, you mean slower FPS or higher latency ?

Ported onto new machine, seems ok with latency, hoever livelink animation freezes on UE, restarting the project does not help, same frozen “avatars” still visible unless restarting livelink. What is the maximum persons could be tracked with skeletal tracking?