Is there any way to feed images captured with the ZED 2i using opencv into the SDK?

Hi all,

I’m currently working on a project using a number of ZED 2i cameras that are each attached to a raspberry pi. The raspberry pis all communicate over a network with a more powerful central computer that will be running the ZED SDK. We want to be able to take the raw images captures by the pis and then use the SDK on the central computer to create depth images and perform object tracking. Does the SDK provide any support for this? Maybe something along the lines of assigning the image data transferred over the network to an pyzed.sl Mat and then using that for SDK functions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @roshea6
I’m sorry, but the ZED SDK does not accept data coming from external sources from the SDK itself.
You can perform what you described, but you must replace the Rpi with an NVIDIA Jetson device:

Ah okay. I didn’t see anything about being able to load data from external sources for processing in the SDK so I feared the answer was no. Thank you for your assistance!