Image desynchronization on Orange Pi 5 Max when using angular cable

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue while using a ZED2i camera with GStreamer on an Orange Pi 5 Max.

I’m using the same code and pipeline on both platforms:

  • Orange Pi 5 Max

  • Jetson Nano

On the Jetson, everything works correctly and the images are synchronized.

However, on the Orange Pi 5 Max, the images appear to be desynchronized.

After some testing, I found that when using the 0.3m cable and on the 1.5m angular cable (from Stereolabs), the issue occurs and when using a straight cable, the images are synchronized and the problem disappears

Here’s a picture of the problem as an example of what I mean by a desynchronization issue.

Hi @Nathan-Goncalves,

Does this happen across all resolutions/frame rates? Does lower these parameters help?

hi @mattrouss,
this occurred across all resolutions and frame rates, and I tested these cables in the SDK SVO_Explorer on a desktop and didn’t encounter any problems there either.

Hi @mattrouss,

I wanted to check in on this thread, since I haven’t received a reply since my last message with the additional test results.

I would really appreciate any update or guidance you might have, as this issue is currently preventing me from moving forward with my setup on the Orange Pi 5 Max. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help with the investigation.

Hi @Nathan-Goncalves

this normally happens in three different conditions:

  1. the USB3 connection is not good:
    a. the cable is broken
    b. the connectors are broken
    c. the cable is too long
    d. you are using USB3 hubs and sharing USB3 bandwidth with other devices
  2. the USB3 communication is disturbed by external electrical noise, like power lines, or motor driver signals
  3. the compute power of the host is too low too handle the high bandwidth of the communication and the frame buffer is corrupted

Please check all of this and let me know.