How to carry on the time synchronization of external GNSS sensors and ZED 2i camera?

I’m using a ZED 2i camera in a car. I’m studying about time-synchronizing external GNSS sensor and ZED 2i camera.
I’m wondering whether the ZED 2i camera can receive PPS pulse signal and GPRMC packet from external GNSS sensor. If it does, how to connect ZED 2i camera to external GNSS sensor? If it does not, how to time-synchronize external GNSS sensors and ZED 2i camera?
I would appreciate your comments and guidance.

Hi @Felix
Welcome to the Stereolabs community.

It is not possible to connect external devices to the ZED 2i camera. You can connect them to the host PC and perform the synchronization you require with it.
You must disable NTP and configure PTP to synchronize the system clock to the GPS timestamp.
In this way the ZED SDK will use the synchronized clock for data timestamping and you can get ZED data synchronized with GPS information.

We have some trouble conducting PTP, so we decide do not use PTP.
Now in the case that we have connected the camera to the industrial computer on the car but do not perform PTP, how will the timestamp of the ZED 2i camera output? Can it directly output the local system clock of the industrial computer on the car?
I would appreciate your comments and guidance.

@Felix the ZED SDK always uses the system clock as a relative reference for data timestamping.
The problem is that the OS clock can be not synchronized with the GNSS clock and data association will be wrong.
To be sure that data synchronization is good you must find the correct way to synchronize both clock systems.