Horizontal line artifact appearing in depth view

Hi,

There is a strange horizontal line in the depth view / point cloud halfway across the image that results in the point cloud being wrong along this stripe. You can clearly see it in the confidence image in the depth viewer application.

This only appears on certain depth models (neural, neural plus) and only on FP16 precision.

This doesn’t appear when accessing the cameras locally on the jetson running the cameras, and it doesn’t appear on every PC I have tried. It only appears on this one PC with an Nvidia 5090.

We are still using ULTRA depth mode for our applications because it is more accurate, but I wanted to report this bug that makes the NEURAL models unusable for us.

Hi @sherod
Thank you for reporting this.

To replicate this problem in our labs and eventually fix it we need:

  • an SVO recorded in the same conditions that generates the same artifact in the depth map
  • the full set of parameters used for depth estimation. If ZED Depth Viewer shows the artifact, then a screenshot of the parameters windows is good

Our internal tests do not confirm this. Do you have data to support this claim?

Hi Myzhar,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I have attached screenshots of the parameters used in the Depth Viewer application.

I have an SVO recording to share but I can’t attach it to this reply as it is too large (over 10MB). Is there an email address I can sent it to or something?

When I said that we still use ULTRA I meant in our other applications where we have used the ZED SDK, I set DEPTH_MODE::ULTRA in the InitParameters which results in a much cleaner point cloud at the cost of some extra resource usage.

This horizontal line problem only occurs on DEPTH_MODE::NEURAL with FP16 precision and DEPTH_MODE::NEURAL_PLUS for us on one particular PC.

Hi @sherod
thank you for the details.

Please send it to support@stereolabs.com citing this thread in the email, or use a file sharing service.

I have sent the SVO file along with a reference to this thread, thanks.

Thank you. I will add information here as soon as I have a report from the ZED SDK team