.H265 Compression mode svo files (VIDIOC_REQBUFS at output planeError ) in ZED 2i camera/Jetson nano orin developer kit

Issue at hand
Hi,
I get the following error when i try to record videos locally onto the jetson nano orin developer kit via python script provided by zed (svo_recording.py). This happens when i record videos with a compression of h265 but if i use lossless mode then .svo recording works fine.

How can i over come this issue. Thanks

Error in VIDIOC_REQBUFS at output planeError in VIDIOC_REQBUFS at output plane[ZED][Encoding] Critical Error : No Video Enc [enc_44849]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

System info:
Package: nvidia-jetpack
Version: 5.1.1-b56
Architecture: arm64
Maintainer: NVIDIA Corporation
Installed-Size: 194
Depends: nvidia-jetpack-runtime (= 5.1.1-b56), nvidia-jetpack-dev (= 5.1.1-b56)

Installed zed sdk : ZED_SDK_Tegra_L4T35.3_v4.0.7.zstd.run
Cython==3.0.2
numpy==1.24.4
pyzed==4.0

Hi @mn172
Welcome to the Stereolabs community.

The NVIDIA Jetson Orin Nano has no hardware encoding/decoding capabilities so you cannot record and play SVO with H264 or H265 encoding.
For the same reason, you cannot use the Local Streaming feature.

What would be a good way to record RGBD files locally? Shoulud i use opencv in that case/ Do you have some examples in python.

What harware is supported otherwise?
Thanks

The NVIDIA Jetson Orin Nano is the only Jetson model without HW encoders, all the other models can use this feature.

For examples, please check the zed-sdk Github repository.

Can i use the standard 2gb jetson nano to do that instead

Hello @Myzhar !

I have the same problem than @mn172, what other model would you recommend ? With at least the same characteristics ?

Thanks !

ZED X works with

• Orin Nano (no hardware encoders for H264/H265)
  • Orin NX (the devkit does not exist, if you have an Orin Nano you can use its carrier board)
  • AGX Orin
  • Xavier NX
  • Xavier AGX
1 Like

ZED 2i can work with a Jetson nano 4GB module too right?

Yes, if your requirements in terms of performances are not too high

1 Like

When i record videos in HD720 on a jetson 2gb sometimes its all black. How can i avoid this and why might this be the case

In order to ensure optimal performance, it’s important to use a fast-write SD card and ensure that the Nano is running at full speed by enabling jetson_clocks.

Additionally, make sure that the board is actively cooled and that temperatures remain within a safe range.

Finally, to prevent interruptions during SVO recording, consider adjusting the priority level of the process responsible for the task.

1 Like

Any suggestion for a fast write sd card?

I am currently using Samsung PRO Plus microSD/SD-card - 160/120MB - 256GB

I want to recoed videos in 1 hour chuncks remotely. Is it advisable to use this device setup. Possibly change to a 4gb jetson

My recommendation is to consult the NVIDIA Developer forum for accurate information regarding this.