Getting Started with Unity and ZED 2i + SDK 4.0.8 Problems

Hi, I am trying to setup ZED with Unity but I am having trouble with it.

I followed the documentation on ZED SDK Unity get started document and have run into an issue where console says;

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ZEDRenderingPlane.SRPStartFrame (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera rendcam) (at Assets/ZED/SDK/Helpers/Scripts/Display/ZEDRenderingPlane.cs:1335)
UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.BeginContextRendering (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at :0)

It seems there is a camera issue but I do run the ZED’s Diagnostic app and all items green and checked.

Please help me I also tried SDK 3.8.0 Version result same

This is my Setup;

Software

ZED SDK: 4.0.8
Unity Editor: 2021.3.22f1 (URP)
ZED Unity: Zed_Unity_Plugin_v4.0.7
CUDA: 11.8.89

Hardware

Camera: ZED 2i (Firmware 1523)
CPU: Intel i9-13980HX
GPU: NVidia RTX4090 Laptop GPU
Ram: 32GB

I changed “DIRECT3D11” to “OpenGLCore” and now camera found BUT I have a black screen.

When I pressed Play Button in the Game window with black background says, “Loading Camera…” and then “Loading Modules…” then I see the Scene Items but not the ZED 2i Camera output rendering only black screen at the back and sensors works fine (for planetarium example scene) but camera output is not rendering.

Help me please I will appreciate

Hi @mraect,

Did you upgrade the ZED plugin for URP?
Also, can you check if you have a texture on your zed material?
You’ll find it here in your scene:

Hi @JPlou thanks for your answer.

Yes I update it but it seems not updated. I also do Window > Rendering > Rend. Pipeline Converter > initialize and convert.

How you run this?
Which version did you use? (Unity, SDK, CUDA vs)

@mraect

Last version of the SDK, Unity 2022.3, CUDA 12.1.
Do the samples run correctly?
Do you have any errors or warnings?
I’m able to run the planetarium scene from the Examples just fine in URP on my side.
I updated the materials to URP, then Upgraded the ZED Plugin to URP. I had to run the scene twice, I must mention, the first time the scene was not updated it seems.

Yes samples run correctly except rendering live camera output and there is no error messages or warnings at all only no live camera output.

I will test this with your spec and will write here the result.