Fusion Body-Tracking GPU load at 100%

Hi,

I’m trying to use 4 ZED2 cameras connected to a strong PC with a Geforce RTX 4090 and using the python multi-camera example. Running this, the GPU is constantly at 100% GPU load even when setting the model to HUMAN_BODY_FAST or lowering the resolution or frame rate. Is this expected behavior? I remember reading in other posts that a 4090 should be powerful enough to handle 4 cameras.

Kind regards,
Moritz

Hi,

For multi-camera application, I’d highly recommend using C++ instead of Python.

Because of the Python Global Interpreter Lock (GIL), multi threaded applications are not very efficient in this programing language compared to C++.

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for the quick answer. Do you have any experience regarding the performance (4 cameras, 1 4090) with body tracking or object detection on python and c++ systems? Just so we know what we can realistically expect?

And shouldn’t the CPU be more of a problem than the GPU if multi-threading were the issue?

In any case, I’d have assumed that a 4090 can easily handle 4 HUMAN_BODY_FAST models if one Jetson Nano can handle it or am I thinking wrong here?

Any input here would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

I don’t have the number for a 4090, but with a 4070 Ti, you can expect around 12/15fps for body tracking depending on the body model (18 or 38) with Neural Light depth mode.

Stereolabs Support

Hello Benjamin,

thanks for the feedback! Just to be on the safe side: With four cameras we can expect 12/15 fps, with one we could get the FPS of the camera?

yes, with one camera, you can expect 60fps.

Stereolabs Support