Framerate for spatial mapping (ZEDfu or API)

Hello,

I want to use a recorded .svo file to generate a mesh using the spatial mapping module. In my initial testing, I felt that ZEDfu only processed a fraction of the recorded frames, as if it took the .svo file as live input and only grabbed the most recent frame as soon as the last one was processed. This is a reasonable approach for a live feed, but with a recording we do have the freedom of having as much time as we need for the processing. Is there a setting in ZEDfu or can this be programmed in the API? Or am I just imagining it and every frame is used to generate the point cloud?
I also read that the offline mode in ZEDfu improves quality, but I haven’t been able to test it yet.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Hi @Asimovcowitz1
the ZEDfu application processes the SVO file as if a live camera is connected, it uses normally the [SVO real-time mode] set to false (InitParameters Class Reference | API Reference | Stereolabs).

Enabling the offline mode allows you to process each frame not taking care of the frame rate of the SVO and to get better results.