Distance error of ~30 cm in distances > 5 m even after recalibration

Hi,
We’re using a ZED 2 camera that has unusual distance errors of like 30 cm in distances larger than 5 m. We also recalibrated the camera several times using the calibration tool in the SDK to fix this issue, but still no luck. Is it normal to have this much of error in the camera?

Would using the OpenCV camera calibration soluiton fix this issue?

It should be mentioned that my reference for measuring distances is the ZED Depth Viewer software.

I would be grateful if you could please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thank you

Hi @Thomas
Please record an SVO file in the same conditions with ZED Explorer and share it with us (send it to support@stereolabs.com if you do not want to share it publicly) providing information about the correct measure to be read and the object.
Please share also the conf file from your settings folder so we can check also your custom calibration.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Myzhar for replying. Sure, I will send you a sample with the real measurement through email.

After many tries, I think I got a better calibration. So, the distances are much better. However, I found that the height (e.g., along the Y axis of the image coordinate system) is off by 50 cm to 1 m. Another thing is that while using the calibration tool, I always get a warning regarding the room brightness or reflection although it’s completely dark. I get this for one of the ellipses appearing at the botthem of the screen.

Thank you