Body tracking for a cartwheel

Hello – I am trying to use body tracking for tracking acrobatics. A cartwheel seems to be a good test case and I’m focusing on this at the moment with a single camera and the body facing the camera the entire time. I have tried many, many combinations of parameter settings (init_param, body_param, body_runtime_param) and I am not able to get a good quality tracking. The beginning and end of the cartwheel is acceptable, though the middle of the cartwheel is extremely poor with the keypoints/joints going completely haywire. I suspect some features of the middle of the skill that make it challenging include: not seeing the face features, inverted posture, large leg split.

Do you have any advice for capturing skills like this?

Thank you.

Hi @gjc, welcome to the forums!

I must admit the cartwheel is not in our testing routine.
To improve the results for such poses, I would disable the body fitting if it’s enabled, and use the highest fps possible.

To investigate further, I would need an SVO recording (along with a recording of your results would be great) to see the actual results. If you want to, you can either post it here or send it to support@stereolabs.com mentioning this forum post.

Thank you for the response. I have sent an email to Support with the requested information.

Follow-up for anyone interested: After hearing back from Stereolabs support, other than increasing the frame rate, it seems the current body tracking solution does not support things like cartwheels and likely other acrobatics.