Zed Mini on HTC Vive Pro 2

Hello!

I have been developing a program using the Unity plugin for the HTC Vive, but I would now like to upgrade to the HTC Vive Pro 2.

1. Will the Vive Pro mount work on the Vive Pro 2 as well?

2. Are there any (known) software issues that might occur with this change? I assume that not much will have to be changed since both use SteamVR.

Hi,

1/ As the design of the HTC Vive Pro 2 is very similar to the Pro 1, the mount should be working just fine.

2/ As you said, they are both using SteamVr to infertace with Unity. The change should be completely transparant.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

1 Like

I am having the same situation here. The mount’s curvature is too pronounced as the curvature on Vive Pro is less pronounced than Vive. I created a topic asking for a cad model of the mount to make the necessary mods myself, I hope someone can help. Best.

There is an Vive Pro mount available here, which should also work with the Pro 2: https://support.stereolabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025623394-Can-I-mount-my-ZED-Mini-to-a-Vive-Pro-headset-

NB: I have not actually tried it myself yet, since I ended up using an original HTC Vive for my project

1 Like