ZED mini & HTC VIVE Focus 3

Hi,
I wonder if the ZED-M is compatible with HTC VIVE Focus 3.

Hi,

We have not tested the ZED-mini camera with this particular headset but the ZED Unity plugin uses the SteamVR (and OpenVR) packages to interface with HTC headsets. Therefore, it should also be compatible with this one.

However, the ZED mini camera can not be directly pluged in into the Headset as the ZED SDK requires a Nvidia GPU to run. You still need to connect the camera to an external computer.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

ZED-M and Jetson nano will be installed on the robot, and HTC VIVE Focus 3 will be connected to an external computer.
Furthermore, I’d like to check the video from ZED-M on HTC VIVE Focus 3 through real-time wireless communication.
Is this configurable?

Hi,

With the Unity plugin, it’s possible to stream the camera feed into a VR Headset.
However, you should expect a relatively high latency (0.5 to 1sec) when using the streaming module.

Best regards,
Benjamin Vallon

Hi

I also have some similar questions.
So to utilize the camera frame of Zed-mini on HTC Vive Focus 3,
I connected zed to my PC.
And then how can I link the zed mini to htc vive focus 3?

Hi,

The ZED Unity plugin (https://github.com/stereolabs/zed-unity) is compatible with any SteamVR Headset, including the Vive focus 3.

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

I actually succeed to connect HTC VIVE FOCUS 3 and Zed through steam VR as you mentioned! :slight_smile:

By the way, I still have some challenges.
I want to render the zed mini stereo camera frame in front of my steam vr camera.
Additionally, I’d like to post process zed mini frames and then overlay them onto my virtual environment.

Is there any git repo or examples that I can refer to do something on steam vr?

Thank you sooooo much!!

Hello, I’m having problems with HTC Vive Pro and the zed unity plugin. The Unity Editor on newer version is set to OpenXR, as OpenVR has been deprecated and removed. When I play the sample scenes the camera feed shows correctly in the editor but the HTC VIVE pro displays themselves are still rendering the SteamVR lounge and not receiving the feed from Unity.
The tutorial is a little outdated as it still refers to Unity menus that don’t exist anymore.
Any help would be appreciated.

PS: Everything works as instructed in the tutorials if you install the legacy Unity version 2019 LTS which still supported OpenVR, so this is not a very big problem.