Unreal Engine Plugin Update!

Hi Stereolabs, Can we please get an Unreal Engine update. There was talk about a plugin update so we could use the plugin with a classic version of Unreal. I have projects using the new UE4 4.27 features and want to integrate my new zed2i camera into the virtual production toolset. When can we expect this update?

Thanks!
Devero

Hi,

Indeed, updating the current Unreal Engine plugin is still in our backlog. Unfortunately we canā€™t give you any release date for the moment.

However, with the 3.6 version, we will release a live link plugin that will allow you to stream data from the ZED SDK into Unreal Engine. The data compatible will be the position/rotation of the camera and the skeleton data from the Object Detection module.

Best regards,
Benjamin Vallon

1 Like

Hi Benjamin,
Iā€™m trying to add the zed livelink plugin to Unreal Engine 4.27.1.
I followed the instructions shown in this link: GitHub - stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin: ZED LiveLink Plugin for Unreal
After checking the presence of the ZEDLiveLink in \Engine\Binaries\Win64\ (as shown in point 5 of the Build for Windows ā†’ Compile from Source section) I tried to build and run the UE4 project from Visual Studio.
When I build the UE4 project from Visual Studio I get this error:
EXEC : error : Couldnā€™t find parent type for ā€˜LiveLinkOrientationsRemapAssetā€™ named ā€˜ULiveLinkRemapAssetā€™ in current module (Package: /Script/ZEDUnrealLiveLink) or any other module parsed so far.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Best regards.

Gilda