Problem with the build of Unreal Engine 4.27 with ZED Livelink plugin

Dear developers,
I’m trying to add the zed livelink plugin to Unreal Engine 4.27.1.
I followed the instructions shown in this link: GitHub - stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin: ZED LiveLink Plugin for Unreal
After checking the presence of the ZEDLiveLink in \Engine\Binaries\Win64\ (as shown in point 5 of the Build for Windows → Compile from Source section) I tried to build and run the UE4 project from Visual Studio.
When I build the UE4 project from Visual Studio I get this error:
EXEC : error : Couldn’t find parent type for ‘LiveLinkOrientationsRemapAsset’ named ‘ULiveLinkRemapAsset’ in current module (Package: /Script/ZEDUnrealLiveLink) or any other module parsed so far.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Best regards.

Gilda

Hi,

I’m going to test it using 4.27 and see how it goes. I have not this issue with UE 4.26.
Can you confirm that you are using VS2019 to build your project ?

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Yes, I am using Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019

Hi Benjamin,
Do you have any news about my problem?

Hi,

I did not manage to reproduce your issue yet.
I have other compilation errors when I try to build ue4.27.1 that I need to fix first (not related to livelink, but the engine).

If it’s possible, you can use 4.26 to build the livelink plugin as a workaround.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Unfortunately, I cannot use an older version of Unreal Engine. Can you notify me when you have found a way to reproduce my issue?
I have also another question for you: it is possible to develop a plugin for the ZED that doesn’t need the build of Unreal Engine?

Yes, I keep you in touch.

Right now, I am not aware of a solution to generate a program that uses the livelink plugin from UE4 and does not require to build the engine like our current version.
If it’s possible, we would definitely consider the option.

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Dear Developer,
I would like to know if there is any news about the problem of the zed livelink plugin in Unreal Engine 4.27.
Best regards.

Gilda

Hi,

I tested with the 4.27.2 release and unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce your issue.

Can you make sure the “Livelink” dependency is added in your .uproject file (see below) ?

uproject

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Yes, there are these dependencies in the .uproject file

Did you try to create an empty project (which should compile) and add the LiveLinkOrientationsRemapAsset class after ? You may need to add the Livelink module manually.

Hi @BenjaminV , can you walk me through the work around step by step to make it work with 4.27?
I am going to make a tutorial on youtube so everyone can do it.

Hi,

did you have any issue making it work with UE4.27 ?
Following the Documentation (link : Getting Started with ZED Live Link | Stereolabs) should be enough.

Let me know if you have any issue. I think the best would be to create a new post or directly writing at support@stereolabs.com

Best regards,
Benjamin Vallon

Hi,
I got the same error with VS community 2022 ,could you please tell me how you sove the problem

Best
Li Taiyi

Hi,

Can you try to move the UnrealProject out of the Engine folder and try again ?
By “UnrealProject”, I mean the example project available in the livelink sample (this one : zed-livelink-plugin/UnrealProject at main · stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin · GitHub).

Best,
Benjamin Vallon

Hi
how to add the plugins to the UE4
the error appeared when I follow the step ( stereolabs/zed-livelink-plugin: ZED LiveLink Plugin for Unreal (github.com))
thank you
Best
Li Taiyi

Hi,

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean.
Did you try to remove the UnrealProject from the folder as I mentioned in my last message ?

Stereolabs Support

1 Like