Multicamera with object detection

Hi,

I’m trying to integrate two zed cameras while also performing a custom object detection.

The custom object detection from github works fine on signal camera custom-detector

I tried combining the custom-detector into the multi camera example from github [multi-camera]

Unfortunately , I had some issues with Lock() and threading. I was wondering is there a better way to approach this problem ?

Hi @sma1043
the team is working on a major release of the ZED SDK that will integrate this feature.
Probably it will be released before the end of the year, we are testing all the new behaviors and the new tools used to calibrate and configure a multi-camera system.

Can you add more details of your problem?

How are things going on the object tracking over multiple zeds release?
can you point to an example?

The ZED SDK v4 with multi-camera fusion will be released soon.

soon means feb? march?

The new ZED-X requires the ZED SDK v4 to be used.
The delivery of the first batch of pre-ordered cameras will begin at the beginning of march…

Will body tracking from multi ZED fusion be also added into ZED SDK v4?

Hi @mahmoud
Welcome to the Stereolabs community.

The ZED Fusion is a module that will be available in the ZED SDK for all the ZED cameras.
The advantage of using it on a Jetson AGX Orin with ZED X is that all the cameras that are connected to the same GMSL2 adapter are hardware synchronized and the precision of the final result is improved.

3 Likes