Cant flash zed box

Hi, im having issues flashing the zed box. The sdk manager takes and really long time to download files. When i try and the i hear it disconnect from the host shortly after starting the flash process. The instructions say to plug a USB into the OTG port and no image comes up on the screen and i see it appear under linux in recovery mode. its the 16gb emmc xavier nx version.

Here are the logs:
21:17:24 INFO: Flash Jetson Xavier NX - flash: Parsing module EEPROM:
21:17:24 INFO: Flash Jetson Xavier NX - flash: — Parsing board SKU (0001) succeeded.
21:17:24 INFO: Flash Jetson Xavier NX - flash: “/mnt/storage/sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_XAVIER_NX_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/flash.sh” -C nv-auto-config jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1
21:17:24 INFO: Flash Jetson Xavier NX - flash: ###############################################################################
21:17:24 ERROR: Flash Jetson Xavier NX - flash: *** ERROR: flashing failed.
21:17:24 ERROR: Flash Jetson Xavier NX - flash: command terminated with error
21:17:24 SUMMARY: DateTime Target Setup - target: Depends on failed component
21:21:17 SUMMARY: File System and OS - target_image: Install completed successfully.
21:22:43 SUMMARY: DateTime Target Setup - target: Depends on failed component
21:26:37 SUMMARY: File System and OS - target_image: Install completed successfully.
21:31:39 SUMMARY: DateTime Target Setup - target: Depends on failed component

Ho @chad
Did you follow the Update/Reset online guide?
https://www.stereolabs.com/docs/get-started-with-zed-box/
It’s important that you verify that the ZEDBox corrently entered in Force Recovery mode.

Are you using a virtual machine to run the SDK Manager?

i did, i found out that the usb wasnt being reconnected to the vm. i got that fixed but not the flashing process hangs on 99% at the line

11:49:02 INFO: Flash Jetson Xavier NX - flash: ###############################################################################

Virtual machine is not good. It’s the cause of the flashing problems the most of the times.
If you do not have an Ubuntu 18.04 PC, it’s better if you create a Live USB Key with persistence.

I used a full instillation and it fixed the problem, thanks!

1 Like